10.09.2012

Fall Into Autumn Challenge - Autumn Leaves

Sorry for the late post with this past week's FIAC mani. I was out of town this past weekend at my brother-in-law's wedding. It was very nice and you will probably be seeing some pictures from that coming up soon :)

This weeks theme is Autumn Leaves. Living in Pennsylvania, I am lucky to experience the lovely changing leaves during the fall-time. Driving from western PA to eastern PA for the wedding, I saw a ton of fall foliage, so that was my inspiration. Here are some shots that my husband took for me while we were driving.



Sorry for the crappy inside the car camera phone pictures. LOL. Anyway, here is the mani that I did for my "Autumn Leaves" theme.






Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Sinful Colors - Last Chance (Dark Green)
-Sally Hansen - Parrot (Green)
-Sinful Colors - Nirvana (Brown)
-Sinful Colors - Cloud 9 (Orange)
-OPI - On Collins Ave (Red)
-Sinful Colors - Pull Over (Yellow)
-Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
-BM-208
-OTD

Since most of the trees we saw driving were dark green originally, I started with a dark green base of Last Chance. Next, I sponged on, Parrot, Nirvana, Cloud 9, On Collins Ave and Pull Over. Finally, I stamped on the leave pattern in the white, yellow, brown and red polishes. At first, I thought that I had ruined it with all the additional colored stamping instead of leaving it at white, but the more I look at it, the more I LOVE it!! 

What do you think? Are you lucky enough to get to experience the changing leaves?




8 comments:

  1. Pretty! I really like the idea of multiple stamping for this prompt. And such beautiful pictures too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! those pictures are AMAZING, and I love your autumn nails so pretty!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamping and colors you chose! Being in upstate NY I am also lucky enough to see some pretty bright leaves, that was exactly what your nails made me think of ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors very fall appropriate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nail design!!!! It's amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your nails and how you stampeded them multiple times good job on them .

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww you brought me back to my university memories I used to take long fall walks in the park
    love love love your mani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are so pretty! And your pictures are nice too, that's what my state looks like during the fall too (I live in Vermont), so terrific.

    ReplyDelete