7.07.2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Recreate Your First 4 Mani's - Look 1

This month's theme in the Nail Challenge Collaborative is "Recreate your first 4 mani's". I voted for this and thought it would be really cool, until I went back and looked at my first four looks; I am pretty sure that only one, maybe two, would be something I would wear again.

You could interpret this theme to be an exact re-creation, something "inspired by", using the same technique, etc. but I decided to try to stay as close to the originals as possible with only minor modifications.





This is a re-creation of the VERY FIRST blog post that I posted, which you can see here. The base color that I used was OPI Chicago Champagne Toast. I had just received that color as a gift, when I received it, it was a color that I would wear a lot, 2 1/2 years later, not so much, but I won't part with any of my OPIs so lucky me, I still owned this shade for the re-creation mani.


As you can see in the original look, I had a bit of a half stamped half plain look which is actually kind of cool, except the reason I had it like that was because I wasn't very good at stamping so I was lucky to get half a nail stamped; but hey, necessity is the mother of invention, right? I also had some bling on my original look, which I chose to omit in the re-creation since the base is a bit metallic on its own.

So there you have it, my "first" re-creation. If I wasn't sticking to the original colors I would have chose a nice tan cream for the base and done a traditional leopard print, but I really liked the idea of keeping it as close to the original as possible.

Check out how the other ladies have re-created their first looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment