6.01.2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Neons Week 1

I can't believe that it's already JUNE!!! My birthday month! Whoohoo!

This months theme in the Nail Challenge Collaborative, is Neons! I voted for Neons and think they are perfect for summer, the only issue can be photographing their true color so I have thrown in a cell phone pic here that seemed to capture it as well ;)





Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-MiniLuxe - Lolita
-Kiss Nail Art Striper - White
-Kiss Nail Art Striper - Beach Pink
-Sinful Colors Nail Art Striper - Sunny Day
-Hard Candy - Matte-ly In Love

I really LOVE this mani, it's perfect for summer and reminds me of a fun bright neon tie die! If you have followed my blog at all you know that this  striped gradient technique is one of my favorites. It is ridiculously easy and there is no messing it up because it's all free-style.  I can't get enough of this mani!

Here is a photo of the polishes that I used from my phone, which is the closest representation to their true neon color. (P.S. Don't look at how wrinkly my hands look in the second picture blah!)



See what I mean about the true colors? It's hard to capture, and (luckily?) I know I'm not the only one with this issue. 

Make sure to check out the other ladies fun summer neon manis!


15 comments:

  1. That is so freaking pretty! I LOVE neons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome neon manicure! I need to get started on this challenge! Will do my first manicure tomorrow hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought you mattified the mani, but I guess it's just the light! I like both though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    It's crazy how much of a difference the lighting makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while! It's soooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's weird how cellphones can often capture neons better! Very cute look btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Now I'm going to check out the tutorial on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Are you trying to tease me? ;) I looked for a tutorial or an old post of yours that shows how you did this technique, but couldn't find anything. Was this just done with a striper brush? Thanks! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete