6.08.2014

Northern Star Polish - Swatches & Review

I recently was given the opportunity to review 3 polishes and a cuticle oil from Northern Star Polish. This was my first experience with Northern Start Polish and I was super excited to see what pretties Kristin sent me for review.

All swatches shown with two coats of color without topcoat

Northern Star Polish's Summer Collection will be released at noon (central) on June 15th. She will be releasing new colors as well as cuticle oil scents; cuticle oils will also be available in the roll on bottles as well as the original via design.

Scrum-Diddly-Uptious



This lovely orchid purple shade has holo disbursed throughout and does to a suede finish. It was opaque in two coats.


Sparkling Seaweed



This green holo has an awesome blue shimmer to it, unfortunately I had a hard time capturing it. In real life, the blue shimmer is more pronounced than the pictures. This polish was almost opaque in one coat but I am wearing two here.


Mulberry



Mulberry is a shade that is already released on her site, and is describes as follows, Mulberry is a dark mauve/purple polish with twinkling mica flakies and color shifting micro glitter. Mulberry is a special release, and $5 from each bottle sold will be donated to the National Network to End Domestic Violence (http://nnedv.org/).
The flakes are really pretty in the polish and this shade is completely opaque in two coats.

All of the shades had nice application and self leveling formulas. None of the polishes were streaky and all were opaque in two coats.

Kristin also sent me an unscented cuticle oil for review. This was actually my first roller-ball cuticle oil so I was excited to try that out.


What I liked about this was that having the roller ball kept everything clean and I didn't have to worry about getting too much cuticle oil on at once like you can with a brush. I actually liked that this was unscented as well - I usually apply my cuticle oil right before bed, and I don't really want to be smelling something too strong while I'm trying to go to sleep.

So there you have it, which of these shades was your favorite? Mine is Scrum-Diddly-Uptious!


Pricing Info:
The Summer Collection shades as well as her other polishes are $8.50
Roll-On Cuticle Oil will be $5.00
Original Doe Foot Applicator Cuticle Oil is $3.00

You can find Northern Star Polish at the following locations:
*Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer for my honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment