8.26.2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Around The World - Week 4

Happy Monday! Today I am back with my 4th and final Around the World mani, and I decided to do some free-hand acrylic nail art. I am not very good with my free-hand, and feel like everything looks like a child painted it, like a preschooler, but anyway, I jumped in and tried it anyway.

For this week's inspiration, I used my recent trip to Belgium (which was actually my first time in Europe as well!)






So yeah, not the best with the details but not horrible either I don't think? Practice makes perfect. Anyway, I threw in the last picture collage to explain what the pictures were/represented, but I will explain it here as well. Belgium is know for its world class Chocolate, and it's Beer; I tried a LOT of both during the short time I was there; both were delicious -> those represent my pointer and pinky finger, respectively. My middle finger is showcasing all of the old buildings that I saw when I was there. I was amazing how many old builds from like the 1300 / 1400's were still standing and in use! It's amazing considering the "Old" buildings in the US are from like the 1700's. Finally, I did a gradient with the colors of the Belgian flag on my ring finger.

What do you think? Do you understand my inspirations? And on another topic, have you worked with acrylic paints? If so, do you have any tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment