3.03.2012

Galaxy Nails!!!!

For a while now I have been wanting to try Galaxy Nails but they seemed so complicated I was putting it off. I recently found this post by Emerald Sparkled and it re-newed my interest, so I tried it this morning. I watched a couple tutorials online and was suprised at how simple it actually is (I think because nothing needs to be exact, or straight lines, it's easier and less pressure lol) It's takes time and uses a handful of colors so I will post the pictures and then explain what I did.

Polishes Used:
-Nicole's Midnight Madness
-NYC's White
-China Glaze's Solar Power
-Spoiled's Shrimp on the Barbie
-Spoiled's Jewelry Heist
-Out The Door Top Coat


Close Up's of Midnight Madness and Jewelry Heist so you can see the shimmers:




And now, the final product!




I was sooo pleased with how this turned out and how simple it actually was. I started with two coats of the Midnight Madness, then sponged on the White, Solar Power, and Shrimp on the Barbie in random "nebula - like" shapes, then sponged additional Midnight Madness around the edges to give it a more "natural" look. Next, I dotted on some larger and smaller white "stars" using my dotting tool. Once that was dry I did one thin coat of Jewelry Heist to add more "stars" and shine and finished it off with my new top coat, Out The Door.

I am definitly going to keep this mani on for a while since it took some time to do and since it's so cute. Meeting up with some girlfriends tonight so I can't wait to get their feedback.

Have a great weekend loves!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the big white stars! Galaxies are on my list of things to do but I've been afraid to try also because of how complicated it seems! Maybe I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch some tutorials on YouTube - that's what made my decision to try it because when I actually saw other people doing it, it made it easier to "Grasp". Let me know if you try it!

      Delete