3.20.2012

Girly-Girl Challenge - Day 5: Gotta Love Chick Flicks!

Today is Day 5 of the Girly Girl Challenge and that means "Gotta Love Chick Flicks". As always, here is the challenge:


So I am sort of cheating because my FAVORITE chick flick is actually Two Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant, however, I was very inspired by the movie for a mani, therefore, I moved to one of my favorite musicals, The Sound of Music (I know my husband is NOT on  board with musicals and therefore, they become Chick Flicks in my house).

When  I think of Sound of Music I think of this picture, which is what inspired my nails:


It's been WARM here for Pittsburgh in March and the green grass with yellow flowers from the movie just seemed to be perfect for this challenge.





Polishes Used:
Sinful Colors - Mint Apple (2 coats - base)
Sinful Colors - San Francisco (1 coat freehand)
Essie - Da Bush (1 coat freehand)
Sinful Colors - San Francisco (another coat freehand)
Zoya - Pippa
NYC - French White Tip
Out The Door TopCoat

I hope that you're not TOO burnt out on the green from St. Patrick's Day and I honestly don't normally wear it but something just came over me today. lol.

As always, don't forget to check out the other ladies "Chick Flick" mani's here:

Lindsey of Neverland Nail Blog
Ashley of Follow The Yellow Polish Road
Kelly of Devilish Polish
Jodi of Captivating Claws
Danielle of RockNPolish
Elly of Polishable
Olivia of Unprofessional Nails
Kate of This Charming Kate
Bethany of Plethora of Nails
Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady
Eugenia of Talon-Ted
Johanna of Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda of Nox Nails
Ashley of Smashley Sparkles
Sarah of See Sarah Swatch
Emily of The Laquerologist
Jess of LuvMyLacquer
Tressa of O'Natur Nail
ChiChi of I'm Just Me...ChiChi
CR of Color Me Silly
Amanda of Berry Polished
Robin, Erin and Anna of Polished Cousins
Bonny of Overstuffed
Taylor of Rejoice
Jess of Nearly Natural Nails

See you soon loves!

15 comments:

  1. Nice~ I love how this one just screams SPRING~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, I love it =]!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute!! I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, they look fantastic!!! I know what you mean about musicals being chick flicks, they are the same in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the brushed look of your grass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mani! It's so springy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great movie and great mani! How did you create the grass? It kind of looks like maybe you used a fan brush? Well whatever you did it turned out really well with all the highlights and everything :)
    ~Amanda of berrypolished.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I just used a smaller nail art brush and tried to do random grass strokes - I also didn't let the polish dry in between grass layers so there would be some dimension and it would be ok "smudgy". Now that you mention fan brush though, that probably would have worked just as well and taken less time ;-)

      Delete
  8. So sweet and pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hills are alive...
    That picture just makes me to sing!

    The nails are beautiful. So soft, they almost have a watercolour effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the brushed grass is awesome, very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this movie so very much. Oh My the memories! I have seen it more times than I can count. And even though it's long.. I never fast forward through it.

    Love Maria!
    And your nails are gorgeous and perfect for spring

    ReplyDelete