3.15.2012

Girly-Girl Challenge - Day 4: Inspired by the Runway

Today is day 4 of the Girly-Girl Challenge, and the theme is "Inspired by the Runway". To refresh your memory, here is the list of challenges:


One of the latest trends that I really like is color blocking with orange and pink. I never really feel like I can wear this combo but wish that I had the budget to purchase bright colorful clothes (instead of my black and white pallet that goes with everything - my work clothes are so boring!!)

So this is the photo that inspired my nails. PS. I LOVE SJP.


And here are the nails!





It was a simple design and I just freehanded the pink on after using the orange as a basecoat. I am suprised how close the color of the polish is to the magazine! Very pleased with my choice :-)

Polishes Used:
-Essie - Braziliant
-NYC - Fushia Shock Creme
-Out The Door TopCoat

As always, don't forget to check out the other girls Runway Inspired nails here:

Lindsey of Neverland Nail Blog
Ashley of Follow The Yellow Polish Road
Kelly of Devilish Polish
Jodi of Captivating Claws
Danielle of Laquer Lover
Elly of Polishable
Olivia of Unprofessional Nails
Kate of This Charming Kate
Bethany of Plethora of Nails
Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady
Eugenia of Talon-Ted
Johanna of Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda of Nox Nails
Ashley of Smashley Sparkles
Sarah of See Sarah Swatch
Emily of The Laquerologist
Jess of LuvMyLacquer
Tressa of O'Natur Nail
ChiChi of I'm Just Me...ChiChi
CR of Color Me Silly
Amanda of Berry Polished
Robin, Erin and Anna of Polished Cousins
Bonny of Overstuffed
Taylor of Rejoice
Jess of Nearly Natural Nails

As I mentioned it's going to be a busy weekend for me. I have off work today and tomorrow for the NCAA Tournament. I don't LOVE college basketball, and my Alma-Mater (Duquesne University) didn't make the tournament but they are hosting the first round and me and my hubby are going to watch the games live; so that's exciting!!! Keep an eye out for me on TV ;-) 

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE orange and pink together. This works so well from that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty inspiration photo & great nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am really liking the color blocking this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did color blocking and used Essie Braziliant as well! Yours look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://creativenaildesignbysue.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
    I nominated you for a blogger award.

    ReplyDelete