7.30.2013

BGEL Gel Polish Review

*Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer for my honest review*

Today I have a new brand of gel polish to share with you, BGEL. Here is what BGEL has to say about their polish: "BGEL is a revolutionary gel polish. Unlike all other gels, BGEL is made from a medical grade formula that won't damage your natural nail. The polish does not penetrate into the nails, so it won't yellow nails over time. BGEL colors require no base coat and are completely safe to apply directly to nails! The special formula is designed to nourish and strengthen the natural nail. Additionally, BGEL's superior product won't wrinkle on nails and there is no tacky residue left behind after application. All BGEL colors are guaranteed to stay shiny and chip-free for at least two weeks".

BGEL comes in 71 different colors, they asked me what colors did I like and of course I said pink cremes, so they sent me color #B116, Fantasy Pink.


One thing that I should mention is that BGEL has a wide brush, which I like to help get easy non-streaky application.

So the instructions are as follows:
Step 1: Prep nails, apply pH bond
Step 2: Apply a very thin layer of BGEL color
Step 3: Cure under LED lamp for 15 to 30 seconds or under UV lamp for 35 to 50 seconds. (DO NOT exceed the curing time limit. Doing so will cause the color burnt and easily chipped)
Step 4: Repeat step 2 and step 3
Step 5: DO NOT wipe with alcohol as alcohol will take away the shine and make the color looking dull.

Now it's time to show you the NAILS!





So I have to say that even though the instructions clearly said to apply a thin layer, this was hard for me; I am used to applying thicker layers but I tried my best and think I did a pretty good job. The part that I didn't do so good with was over-curing. I may have gone a 60 seconds in my lamp. I am wearing two coats here and my nails are completely opaque. 

I wore these nails for 4 days before taking them off (which for me is an eternity); the polish was holding up great except for one nail that I slammed in a drawer at work (ouch!)

Here are the removal instructions:
Step 1: DO NOT buff nails. Place cotton pads dipped with acetone on nails and wrap with foil paper.
Step 2: Wait 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Remove everything.
Step 4: Lightly push a cuticle pusher against the polish to easily remove the remaining color.

My thoughts on the removal aren't as great as the application. While this polish was no harder to remove than any other gel polish, I waited 10 minutes "soaking" my nails with the "foil method" and I still had to use the cuticle pusher to scrap a significant amount off.

MY OVERALL THOUGHTS!

Pros:

  • Easy and quick application! These took no time at all to apply and since it was just the color step, it was one and done!
  • Nice opaque colors and lots of color choices!
Cons:
  • I felt that this polish wasn't as shiny as some of the other gel polishes that I have used, I wanted to buff them to be shiny!
  • I don't think that polish is available for the general public at this time (currently available at a handful of Salon's in Chicago)
Overall, I would recommend this polish to anyone looking for something quick and like color choices! I am even planning to use this on some of my friends soon!

You can find BGEL online at the following:



*Products were provided by the manufacturer for my honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment