3.21.2014

Lacquer by Lissa: 2014 Spring Collection Swatches & Review


Today I am excited to be sharing with you the Spring Collection from Lacquer by Lissa! Melissa, the owner of Lacquer by Lissa is from Pittsburgh, and I love being able to support this local brand. So let's jump right in!



Sugar Coated: A cross between orange, pink and peach with shimmer





I am wearing two coats without top coat. I found Sugar Coat to have a nice smooth application and was opaque in two coats. You can see a slight VNL in the macro picture, but I couldn't see it in real life. This is a nice shade for spring and isn't a color that I have seen in too many of the other indie spring collections.

Bunny Love: Pale lavender crelly with a subtle shimmer





I am wearing two coats of Bunny Love with topcoat; it has a nice self leveling formula. I love creamy polishes with subtle shimmer, luckily they seem to be on trend for spring; so this shade fits in perfectly! Bunny Love is the perfect shade to be worn alone or as a base for nail art or glitters.

Dancing In the Daisies: A pastel glitter mix including bubble gum pink daisies and silver holographic floating butterflies.



 

I am wearing one coat of Dancing in the Daisies over Bunny Love. What I have noticed with the glitter toppers from Lacquer by Lissa is that they all have great distribution in one coat. This glitter topper would look great over all different colored pastel (or bright bases) for spring.

The Thrill Of The Hunt: A mix of pastel micro bar glitters and dots; reminiscent of an Easter basket or egg hunt.





I am wearing one coat of The Thrill of the Hunt overtop of Sinful Colors Unicorn. As with the last glitter, this shade had great coverage in one coat. This color is limited edition and only 25 numbered bottles will be made!

Also, the packaging that this collection came in was very cute, a simple brown box but the inside had Easter colored "Easter grass" and was super seasonal and cute; it was like going through my Easter basket as a kid.

You can find Lacquer by Lissa at the following locations:

The spring collection is currently listed in her Etsy Shop as a pre-order until April 6th and orders will be shipped out the following week. All the colors in the spring collection will be retailing at $8.50 each.



And make sure to follow Lacquer by Lissa above as she will be coming out with vinyl nail decals in the near future; you will be seeing a mani featuring some she sent me soon!


*Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer for my honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment