3.31.2014

Pittsburgh Pirates Nails!

Today is the Pittsburgh Pirates home opener! I have pretty much been waiting for this day since baseball season ended last year. Last year was an amazing year for the Pirates, they were probably the most notable baseball story of 2013; and I am hoping they have that same kind of season in 2014 as well!

Unfortunately my husband was not able to take off of work today so I am going with one of my girlfriends who also likes baseball, so should be a fun girls day at the game.

Obviously I HAD to do a mani for the game, and I have to say that this is much bolder than I would normally go for a baseball game but it's a special one, the home opener is pretty much a big tailgate all day until the game so I could go a little crazier than normal.






Polishes Used:
-OPI - Alpine Snow
-Zoya - Pippa
-KB Shimmer - Eclipse
-Cover Band Lacquers - Sticks 'n Stones
-Acrylic Paints

This is pretty much the definition of a skittle mani; lol, which is perfect when you can't decide exactly what to do. Obviously I had to do the obligatory "baseball" nail, threw in the team logo and then did misc nails with the team colors black and yellow! My right hand is even skittled up as well. It is exactly the same as this hand with the exception of my middle finger which is black with a white zig-zag on it (no way I was going to be able to freehand the "P" with my non-dominant hand!)

Overall, I think this look is super fun for the home opener and I anticipate to get a handful of comments throughout the day.

Incase you're interested the game will be airing on ESPN and has a 1:05pm EST start time.


P.S. Non-nail related but, here are some pictures from last season

No comments:

Post a Comment