3.25.2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Winter to Spring Transition Polish

It's now Spring and the Twinsies are getting into the spirit with today's theme, Winter to Spring Transition Polish. I *think* this prompt was probably originally meant to be shades you can wear in winter and spring, but I put my own twist on it, and did some winter to spring nail art instead!





Polishes Used:
-OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
-OPI - Alpine Snow
-China Glaze - Gothic Lolita
-Wet 'n Wild - On A Trip
-Hard Candy - Matte-ly in Love
-Acrylic Paints - Green, Purple, Yellow, Orange, White

When I think of Winter to Spring I always think of Crocus'. I am always seeing these pretty purple flowers pop up in my yard through the snow and always think, "no, not yet, this is Pittsburgh, it's going to snow again", but they always seem to be OK. lol. I wanted the perfect purple accent color, so I mixed up Gothic Lolita and On A Trip and got the look I wanted (after I mixed them I realized I could have probably used KB Shimmer - The Grape Beyond, although that has the subtle blue shimmer, which I wasn't looking for).

So like I said, probably not what was meant by the theme, but I don't care, I LOVE this look!

Let's see how the other Twinsie's interpreted this look and what their favorite transition polishes are:

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment