11.10.2012

Fall Into Autumn Challenge - Autumn Dots

I can't believe that we are getting towards the end of this challenge series. I really like these ones because they are a nice pace and I have to be creative (not just swatching) at least once a week. I feel like I used to do many more creative designs and want to get back into that.

This week's theme is Autumn Dots.





Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Essence - Rebel Delight
-China Glaze - Purr-fect Plum
-Sinful Colors - Hazard
-Orly - Rock It

I had been wanting to try out this "ruffling" technique for a while now and knew that this Autumn Dots challenge theme would be perfect for it. I started with a base coat of Rebel Delight for a nude base, then added the ruffles of dots in a couple fall colors. Katee has a cute ruffling mani on her blog header that sealed the deal for me doing this design.

I like how this mani turned out, but the only "weird" part for me was what to do with the edges on the sides and by my cuticles, so I left them ruffly but tried to make them as straight as possible, if that makes any sense? lol.

Don't forget to check out all the other ladies dots :)



6 comments:

  1. Cute! Reminds me of those super soft cuddly socks I used to have back in Japan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of a dotting tool! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You chose some lovely colors for this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! I'm for sure bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!!!
    Lovely blog dear!
    Check out mine sometime if you like :)
    http://aimerose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete