5.20.2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 20: Water Marbled

*Sigh* I hate water marbling, and this was probably my worst time ever. I considered re-doing it but it just feels like so much work and who knows if my next water marble would be better. So...I will get straight to the pictures.

Water Marbled:




Polishes Used:
-Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
-Sinful Colors - Neon Melon
-NYC - Side Walkers
-Out The Door TC

As you can see, nothing about this mani worked. In my mind neon yellow and grey would be OK, but the gray sort of just turned the neon from yellow to green, and IDK if if was beause the yellow is matte, but it didn't spread out well in the water at all. Oh wells.

If you're not already following Kelsie, Amanda, Erin and Jess, make sure to check out their WATER MARBLED NAILS here:
Amanda - Nox Nails


And on a better note, because I don't want the water marble fail to be the last image in your head, my husband and I went to a wedding last weekend and here is a cute shot of the two of us :)

8 comments:

  1. love your dress! great pic, cute couple! i hated water marbling too, it was only my first try and probably my last! :) love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate water marbling too, it's always a pain. You gave it a good shot though, lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried water marbling yet, but this doesn't look bad, I wouldn't call it a fail! x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, cute pic. I am learning that water marbeling is all in the polish and brand doesn't matter. Literally depends on the bottle. But when it works, it is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how those neon polishes are glowing in the pics. I understand not feeling like redoing the water marble. It is time consuming and messy. I love your colorful dress! That could definitely inspire a mani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress you wore to that wedding! :) And although it doesn't look like a typical water marble, it reminds me of some swirly radioactive substance lol, I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to try a water marble, they scare me! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol don't feel bad, water marbling is really tough. But when it works out the results look so awesome!

    ReplyDelete