8.23.2013

Lacquer by Lissa - Polish Review; Yinzer and Here We Go

*Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer for my honest review*

TGIF!! I have had a long and stressful work week so I am glad that it is finally the weekend. Today I am lucky enough to share with you two polishes from Lacquer by Lissa, a local Pittsburgh Indie polish maker.

Before I get to the shades, here is what Melissa, of Lacquer by Lissa, had to say about her brand. "I founded Lacquer by Lissa in June 2013. I have always loved nail polish and I discovered indie polish in one of the Facebook groups I was in. I was completely amazed by all of the different colors and glitters and one day I decided I wanted to do it myself. I use a 3-free base as well as the best solvent resistant glitters I can find. All of the polish is mixed in small batches and poured to order by me. All of my polish is $8.25 each and I also offer an option to pick 3 colors for $22.00 or Mystery Grab Bags for $20.00. I am located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania so I like to do a lot of colors inspired by my city. So far I have Iceberg (Stephanie's comment: you can see my swatch of Iceberg here), Yinzer and Here We Go that are all Pittsburgh inspired."

So anyway, onto the polishes!

Yinzer:







Melissa describes this polish as, "This polish is a clear base with a mix of different shaped and sized black, yellow and white glitter suspended inside. Among the glitter you will find bars, hexes and rectangles." I am wearing ONE coat of Yinzer with Sinful Colors - Slate as my base. This a glitter bomb and I was surprised how much glitter I got out in just one coat!

Here We Go:







Melissa describes this polish as, "This polish is a black jelly base with matte red, yellow and blue squares suspended inside. You can build this polish up with 3 coats, or just use a black base coat and use one coat of Here We Go. This was inspired by the Steelers emblem which is red, yellow and blue diamonds". I chose to use 3 coats to build this up and I love the dimension that this gives!! I have topped Here We Go with one coat of Out The Door.

Lacquer by Lissa also threw in a Conditioning Cuticle Balm. These are not yet currently being sold in her shop but she will be launching them with her Halloween Collection, and the first scent she plans to sell is Pumpkin Pie! Perfect! She sent me Fairytale which reminds me of a nice fresh melon scent. She is also currently running a promotion that each order will be getting a complimentary Peppermint Cuticle Balm while supplies last.


The Cuticle Balm comes in a nice chap-stick type container which is very nice for ease of application. The balm is made of Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter and Fragrance.

You can find these and other polishes and check out Lacquer by Lissa here:
-ETSY SHOP
-FACEBOOK

*Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer for my honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment