12.10.2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Inspired by Art - Week 1

I was really excited for this month's theme, in fact I had been voting for it for a couple months now and it was never getting selected. Of course, because she is so sweet, Katee had a secret vote  / encouraged everyone to agree that December be Inspired by Art and she surprised me! I was so touched! I had wanted Inspired by Art to get out of my comfort zone and try some designs I have never tried before (sometimes I feel like I get into a rut!)

Here is the piece of art that was my week 1 inspiration:

Source: http://epromolux.com/the-eye-of-the-beholder/famous-abstract-art

And here is my nail art:





Polishes Used:
-OPI - My Vampire Is Buff
-Julep - Claire
-Sally Hansen - Parrot
-MASH - Black
-Konad - White

I loved how abstract the artwork is and I think that my mani turned out great actually. I added the blue and green shades with a splatter mani technique and then topped that with some freehand black and white polishes to emulate the artwork. It obviously isn't an exact copy of the art but I think it really captured the spirit of the piece.



I am looking forward to my next mani to see what unique pieces of art are out there and how I can interpret them in my manis!

No comments:

Post a Comment