1.15.2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Inspired By A Tutorial - Week 2

Today I will be sharing with you my second mani for the January NCC theme of "Inspired by a Tutorial". One of my favorite nail artists is MrCandiiPants, she has videos that make the nail art really easy to understand. I have done a couple looks inspired by here in the past (see here and here).

The look that I will be completing today was based off of her Striped Gradient Nail Art Tutorial (which you can see here).





Polishes Used:
-OPI - Alpine Snow
-Essence - You Belong To Me
-MiniLuxe - Jade
-Wet 'n Wild - I need a Refresh-Mint
-MiniLuxe - Lucky
-Sinful Colors - Savage
-Essence - Walk On The Wild Side
-Out The Door

I first started with Alpine Snow as a base and for the different colors I simply used the polishes and mixed them together when needed to create smoother transition. After I did this look I realized that I did it opposite from the tutorial (she had the darkest color at the bottom and mine is reversed). I really liked the look of this though and it almost reminds me of an abstract beach painting (does anyone else see it? haha)

I will definitely be trying this technique again, however next time I may try it vertically instead of horizontal, because for some reason I seem to have crisper lines when I do vertical ones.

Check out the other tutorial inspired manis below!


No comments:

Post a Comment