7.16.2013

Crumpet's Nail Tarts: Tri-Polish Challenge

Yes! Finally back on track and able to participate in the July Tri-Polish Challenge. This month's colors are Blue, Blue and Green. I knew exactly what shades I was going to use, my trusty go to shades.

R-L: Sally Hansen - Parrot, Sally Hansen - Pacific Blue, Finger Paints - Blue Raspberry Taffy
I seriously seem to gravitate to these shades for nail art challenges because they are all nice opaque creams which is just what I want in a color challenge mani.

I also knew exactly what technique I wanted to try; something that has been huge lately, and you will probably see some other mani's inspired by.... Sammy's (The Nailasaurus)Waterfall mani! You can check out her tutorial HERE! Mine isn't exactly the same but I am pretty happy with it!




This is such an easy mani to create and a really fun look. I simply used a nail art brush and added the stripes. In addition to my blues and green that you saw above, I also used it over a white base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and added some silver glittery lines with Kiss Silver Glitter.

Have you tried the Waterfall mani yet? Just like Sammy, I know this won't be my only waterfall mani, and make sure to check out what all the other Nail Tarts did for their first July TPC mani :)


No comments:

Post a Comment