1.05.2013

Let It Snow! Challenge - Winter Solstice

This week's Let It Snow! Challenge theme is "Winter Solstice". I was unsure what winter solstice was, I knew it was the first day of winter, but not much more than that. When I looked it up on wiki, it says "The winter solstice is the solstice that occurs in winter. It is the time at which the Sun appears at noon at its lowest altitude above the horizon. [2] In the Northern Hemisphere this is the Southern solstice, the time at which the Sun is at its southernmost point in the sky, which usually occurs on December 21 to 22 each year.[3]


So yeah. lol. The pictures that I found of it were daytime photos with the sun, so I did something inspired by the sun in the sky, but also some stars and moons too. I am not fond of this mani at all, but I just couldn't get inspired. I have been sick since yesterday so the cold is really hitting me hard right now, so let's just blame it on that ;-)








Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Kleancolor - Blue Pearl
-Liquid Lacquer - Royal Holoness
-Kiss - White
-Finger Paints - Master Muse
-Revlon - Celestial FX
-Gelous

Hmmm. lol. Blue Pearl was sort of a streaky metallic  so I added one thin coat of Royal Holoness to it, and it really gave it a much better look. Also, I don't have an opaque yellow striper, so I had to use white first, then yellow on top. I added the Celestial FX to try and save this one, but I just don't think this was my week.

I am SURE the other ladies did some awesome mani's for this theme, so go check them out!



1 comment: