9.15.2012

Fall Into Autumn Challenge - School Spirit


Today I am showing my mani for the 3rd week of the Fall Into Autumn Challenge, I am loving this challenge and can't wait to do the rest of the mani's!


This week's theme is School Spirit. I am out of high school and college, but I remember how exciting high school was on Friday's for the football games; it was like the whole community got involved and made them super fun days. My high school colors were Black and Orange (isn't that perfect for fall?!) so I used that as my inspriation in this mani.







Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Sinful Colors - Hazard
-Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
-Essence - Black is Back
-Kiss - Nail Art Striper - White
-Kiss - Nail Art Striper - Black
-OTD

I really wanted to try another fishtail braid mani so I did an accent nail with that design. I think it was more successful than my last attempt but I am still not completely satisfied with it. On my other nails I did some simple stripes (my favorite). I got a lot of compliments when I wore this out and even the cashier at Target loved it and said she would have to try something like it when she got home (what a nice compliment).

In high school I was into painting my nails but I have to say that I wasn't this creative (not that this is SUPER creative, but you know what I mean), I always did my nails for games but it was usually every other finger black, orange, black, orange, black, orange,... maybe throw some white in there or a glitter topcoat. 

What are your high school colors?


P.S. Make sure to check out the other ladies participating!

8 comments:

  1. I love this! My high school was basically a copy of the University of Texas, so we were burnt orange and creme, but to be different we also had a royal blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is pretty, love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ringfinger very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the weave design on your ring finger is SO nice. i also love the color combination. i think it's very unique :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, you did a great job! I especially love the accent nail, I have been loving braided manis lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous - I love the braid! And, I just saw that you are from Pittsburgh - I am from about an hour north of there and Pittsburgh is still very dear to my heart! I miss it, I've been living in Dayton for 2 years now! Anyway, great mani, can't wait to see what else you come up with for the challenge :}

    ReplyDelete